Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Deadlift and Press

Yesterday I missed the gym. I took a day to work from home on some projects and my daughter ended up puking all over herself before school. So instead of getting a lot done I watched TV and cuddled a sad 3 year old until she felt well enough to do some baking. Yes, I cured vomiting with chocolate chip cookies.

Today I hit the gym with a vengeance. I had deadlifts to do, I had press, and I was there early.


Deadlift
275# x 5
325# x 5
365# x 8 PR!
I'm trying to keep my third set in the range to keep my estimated 1RM at or near my goal.



Press
135# x 5
145# x 5
165# x 5

Pull-ups
3 x 3,2,2

Pendlay Rows:

185# 3x5
Reduced weight and reps to concentrate on form. Felt much better, some soreness in my upper back this evening.

Push Press
185# x 5
205# x 5
225# x 3
This was just a random addition when the Pendlays felt good. Power clean those presses punk! First cleans in a while and they went up easily - the form was ugly at 225# but it went up. Felt huge. Tried to get a video on my tablet, but the case cut off half of it. You can see the top of my head and the bar coming up. Next week I'll video a lot more.


Skipped Conditioning, stretched lightly, and ate like a monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment