Tuesday, November 20, 2012

YEEEAH Tuesday Bench

Right so today I have proof my de-loading week absolutely paid off and I'm feeling silly for even wanting to skip it last week. I know I thought I was feeling good. I know LBEB posted "When in doubt go heavy" and I  saw it as a sign. I know it even started a debate about when it was appropriate to skip de-loading and I still felt like it was a good idea. But it was a bad idea.

Last Tuesday I jumped into my new 5x5 bench day, and struggled through, hitting 260#x4 in my top work set. Then I realised my poor performance was due to skipping the ever important de-load and spent the rest of the week with light weights and higher volume and just took it easy.

Today I went in on little sleep. I was a little apprehensive after sucking so badly last week but I warmed up thoroughly and got into my work sets. 205#x5 felt easy, 230#x5 was solid, and 260#x5 was mothaflippin awesome. I ended up hitting 260#x7 punks. Yeeeeah buddy.

So let me sum it up.

No de-load = weak; de-load appropriately = strong. Follow your programming, it's there for your benefit.


Bench:
205# x 5
230# x 5
260# x 7


Pullups:
5 x 3,2,2,1,1


Dips:
3 x 19, 8, 6

Mobility:
Couch.
Feeling a little pain in my plantar fascia, so I stretched out my tibialis anterior and calves, and mashed my foot on a bulbous area of my desk all day. Feeling much better.

Conditioning:
Watched TV for 15 minutes. Riding the stationary bike. Doesn't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment