Monday, November 19, 2012

Squat Monday - New Cycle


You'll notice I didn't log for the back half of last week. Well de-loading is necessary but boring. You don't need to hear about all my light lifts. I did some stuff to stay mobile, I stayed at about 50% of my 1RM. Excitement!

Today I started my new cycle! I was feeling must better than last Monday. Maybe it's because I ate everything in sight since lunch at the Wasabi buffet on Friday. That must be it. 

While I was toiling away working my squats there was a bro grunting it out loud and proud and banging and clanging while he hit his 1 RM on the tricep push-down machine. Maybe he got a new decibel PR. I'm not against grunting, or even clangin n banging, I just prefer for it to be in support of actual work.

Speaking of work, I decided to add front squat doubles to the program today because Garcia is making me feel like a skinny child since I don't work front squats or Olympic lifts in my program these days. Worked myself from 135 up to my max for the day. I hit 275# then wimped out on 295. I'm going to have to fix that next week and probably clean something. 

LBBS
265# x 5 
295# x 5
335# x 5

Good Mornings
135# 3x10

Front Squat: 
135# x 2
185# x 2
225# x 2
255# x 2
275# x 2

Mobility 
Couch stretch...after I soaked the mats at LA Fitness in cleaner and scrubbed. Nobody cleans that place and the smears and salty sweat stains are disgusting. 

Conditioning: 
Swimming again tonight at the marginally cleaner LA Fitness in Burlington. Then hot tub. I hope I didn't get staph from that mat earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment